Final stretch of the top exterior acrylic case part. Wanted to bring back more angles and tigh the entire design together with the previously created PSU Shroud. First task was to file down the front edge to make sure it was a perfect fit against the front. I made the front and top 3mm
It was time to start working on the 3rd and final external case part, the top. With the front IO panel as the major component to work around and into this case part as the biggest challenge. I also need to figure out a good way to bridge the top part with the front part
I mentioned in an early stage of this mod that I realized that I ran into a problem. That problem is the front IO panel. Reason is of course that it needs to be fixed before I can fasten the front and top cover. That also means that I need to figure out how to
A custom hand made exterior case in acrylic for the Dark Base Pro 900 will be a challenge. A huge one, but a challenge I knew from start would be needed to complete the vision of the project. TBH, I don’t even have a plan, but need to make it up as I go along.
It’s always nice, but time consuming, when you reach the painting stage in a project. I thought about vinyl, but wanted to paint, to check that off my list of things to test and learn. It’s also with the paint the accents and the project name will start to come together. One last test
I thought a long time about what I should do to the backside of my case, but it finally hit me. Carbon fiber full cover plates to tie up the theme and make a background for my new custom sleeved MDPC-X cables. As with previous custom case parts to this mod, I did the backside
I want a clean look with sharp lines that keep the viewers eyes occupied with details of my choosing. Therefor I decided to create a small fan bracket in carbon fibre for the top part of the amazing be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 case. I want to hide the edge of the fans. Even
Nervous, first time modding and working in acrylic, worried it will not bend as sharp as I need or cracking when bending. After a quick experiment on how much I could bend and how much I should heat my 5mm acrylic sheet I got to work on creating my custom PSU cover / secondary floor