Final stretch of the top exterior acrylic case part. Wanted to bring back more angles and tigh the entire design together with the previously created PSU Shroud.
First task was to file down the front edge to make sure it was a perfect fit against the front. I made the front and top 3mm to large just to be sure I could file it into a perfect fit.
Like a glove.
With most of the upper part of the top still unfinished, not much to pray for. Need more triangles.
Looks so messy with all the Acrifix, tape marks and finger prints, but it will not matter as it will be sanded and I will add plastic “wood” att all joints not perfect.
That front is starting to look good…
I can’t add two large triangles into that obvious triangular space as that is in the same angle as the joining pieces. Would just create one large flat surface with joints.
Instead I created 4 triangles and angled the joining edge slightly upwards. Perfect, as I have to have a piece in the middle that isn’t joined in the middle. That would create a long line in the center that the eyes will have a problem with.
Two angled larger and more flat pieces got to finish the top of the top.
Two small holes at the back to close before the first of the 3 exterior pieces are done.
Testfit towards the front, just to makes sure nothing has warped and still fit perfectly.
The top was the last one I started but the first to be finished. Now I will spend the next 2 days adding Acrifix to the backside of each joint to ensure it’s strong and tight. Then I can move on adding plastic wood and sand down a perfect finish before I can add vinyl or paint.