The main part of project Redrock is the custom PSU Shroud with an integrated L shaped beam in red color. Same red color as the exterior. It will be challenging to create a perfect fit of the 3 individual pieces as they are hand crafted.
I had to redo the entire floor of the PSU Shroud. Decided to do it in 5mm acrylic instead of previous 3mm. Sturdier and easier to keep snug with the front curved part.
I had to create a custom pump bracket to be mounted under lower floor of the custom PSU Shroud.
All 3 individual pieces cut. It took almost 4 hours, as I didn’t want to risk to cut the parts to small. So filed each part by hand gradually smaller and smaller until I had the perfect fit.
Used EKWBs pump template on top of a stand of plate to ensure proper location of the holes in the lower floor.
Made myself a spacer plate to go beneath the L-shape to make it “float” at the same time I will act as a sturdier mounting plate for the EKWB D5 Plexi pump.
The lower part of the L-plate with matching holes for the pump.
All parts created for the lower PSU floor and mounting bracket, L beam, custom pump bracket and standof plate. Hope they will fit 🙂
Used some Acrifix 116 to mount some thing acrylic parts 3mm inside the edge of the main floor of the PSU. This is to ensure that the floor aligns with the front part of the PSU Shroud.
It was worth all those hours filing and sanding. The fit is really good.
I’m really happy with that result. Looks even better than I imagined when I created the concept sketch in Fusion 360 a few weeks ago. Will be so exciting to put this together.
The round EKWB D5 Plexi top goes really well with the rounded corners of the PSU Shroud. I’m glad I made the decision to create the more complex shape rather than just a square box.
Cut the longer vertical part of the L shaped beam that will be part of the red accent. Made measurements for the EKWB Reservoir brackets and drilled 3 holes dead center.
Brackets mounted, on to next step.
Think the width harmonize really good with the size of the reservoir.
Two really sexy products in an even more prominent position mounted on the L bracket. Hopefully it will look amazing once painted Red.
The entire bracket is mounted 18mm away from the wall. That way I can fit custom addressable LED-strips behind if I want.
Not a bad result for a full days modding. I like the acrylic look, but feel comfortable that once I paint the parts black, grey and red it will looks even better.