For me it is always extra fun to reach the backside of a project. It is fun, it gives me the opportunity to sleeve and it is a milestone that state that a project is close to the end.
I started in Fusion 360 to get a feel for what I wanted to make. Went fairly fast to reach something I felt could work. I guess the upside of doing my third consecutive project in the amazing be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900. Color scheme was set a long time ago.
Took the loose motherboard tray and went to work.
A few anoying rivets that always adds extra work. Took some measurements and masked for sawing.
No problem with this baby. Fast, straight, hazzle free. Love my Ryobi saw (thank you again Ryobi for the support).
Started with a quick prototype that I 3D printed. Extended the height for dual layers (ofc) and did some modifications to holes and fastening after testing with a custom 24 I had laying around. This will look good sanded down and printed on high quality settings.
All pieces done. Will make the backside look clean.
I got some happy comments on my manually created cable “plate” on project Zeuligan. Was extra fun to be able to 3D print a perfect one. Still just a test print (lesser quality), but needed a prototype for measurements.
So easy. Did I mention I just love my saw? <3
That will work just as intended, I like this idea for cable management very much. Should prob make more of this…
Not that much thinking needed as I had my concept from Fusion 360. Just had to check that I could bend the cables and that I ended up at the right place at the bottom. The MB-plate has 2 holes wide enough for 30ish cables. Not good to miss that opening.
After finding the right placement, distance it wasn’t much more to it. Just drill all the holes and thread them.
Could finally use some of that expensive black matte car vinyl I bought as a test for the exterior before I decided to paint it instead. Will make for a nice contrast in finish and color.
Pretty happy with that end result tbh. The matte finish works well for both the texture of the 3D printed custom cable combs and the half shiny metal frame. Will make for a nice backdrop for the custom sleeved MDPC-X cables.
Speaking of that. First layer of the 24 pin ready. Will leave that as a teaser for next updated that will be all the cables sleeved (ran out of ATX pins (sigh)) and mounted on the backside. Hope it will look good.